Thursday, February 17, 2011

Busy Week

It has been a very busy week, and I can say I have felt the stress of everything at once. Not all bad but I needed to definatly have a day off and back off a bit. We decided to find a home to rent with our friends Josh and Mike instead of getting a two bedroom apartment. Its actually alot cheaper and it will be a house instead of a small apartment. Monday I spent the day combing through ads and sending off letters. I scheaduled three showings that night for us to go check out. However since I went to park city on sunday I also needed to carpet clean my car (My dog decided to go potty in the backseat and it definatly needed to go.) So I headed to my moms to see how much I could get done in an hour. Then I met up with Melissa at the first house in sandy which was the cheaper option but the house wasnt that great. It smelled (which can be cleaned) and the rooms were really small. So we headed to the second house, well because I was so busy I forgot to stop at the gas station which was a MUST to do. On the way to the second house we got on the I15 belt route to go onto the 2-15 freeway. Right before merging onto 2-15 I ran out of gas. Melissa was backtracking to come get me so I decided to try my insurance company. I do get free roadside service and they would bring me gas however I spent the next 30 mins trying to explain where I was at for them to come. A cop finally pulled up behind me and Melissa right behind him. The cop said we had two hours before I needed to make sure my car was gone so we headed to the next two houses.

The second house looked great and was waay cute, no pet deposit and only a $500 security deposit. The only issue it was way far away compared to where we wanted to be. The third house was awesome! It was big with huge rooms, a back yard, looked nice, and it was in a gated community. No Pet deposit, and a $1500 security deposit but she is willing to split it with in three months. Also since she wants us to move in on the 5th she is willing to wait until April to get the first part of the security deposit. We go up tonight to get the paperwork. Now just get the joys of figuring out how to make two rent payments next month. :( Good bye Divorce for another month. I think I may look for a second temporary job.

1 comment: